It rarely causes internal concern when you spot a few ants in your house or place of business. Most people don’t consider ants to be a major concern because they are tiny and can enter homes, but even spotting one ant can signal the beginning of an extensive ant infestation. Carpenter ants can damage your construction through their digging if they have colonized your property. Additionally, stinging ants, like the red imported fire ant, can be dangerous to human health.
If you observe the signs of ant-infestation in your home, you must immediately contact a pest control service provider. There are so many pest control service providers in the UK these days. However, are you sure that all of them provide the best services to their clients? As only some of them provide good services to their clients, it is essential to do research from your side. Choose a company like Pest Control Bolton, if you are looking for the best services.
What are the signs of ant infestation in your home?
- Start by paying attention to your walls if you suspect a carpenter ant infestation. As they construct their nests, these ants may make rustling noises during night-time. Another option is to try pounding on your walls to hear if they make a hollow sound. If you are aware that the wall was formerly composed of solid wood, a hollow sound could be caused by termites or carpenter ants.
- Any section in your home that is prone to dampness may draw carpenter ants because they like wet wood. Keep an eye out for carpenter ants around your bathroom and kitchen. They will also conceal themselves anywhere there is a leak, such as a broken outside pipe or faucet. Remove the firewood from the area surrounding your property since these ants love to be near it.
- When it comes to carpenter ants, they leave a trail of wood shavings and sawdust behind them as they tunnel through the woodwork. When sweeping up debris from your floors, be sure to look it over thoroughly. If you observe wood shaving, call a pest control service provider to know whether it is due to ants or not. Unlike termites, these ants don’t consume wood.
- Check your yard for the signs of ants. You will have an issue if you spot an ant colony anyplace in your yard. Ants will travel great distances in search of food, so it won’t be a problem for them to cross your yard to get into the kitchen.
How to prevent ant infestation?
- Ensure that you clean the dirty dishes. Clean them as soon as possible to avoid ants in your home. It is also essential not to leave the leftover food open.
- Clean up any trash. Don’t let ants find your trash by failing to remove it! Never leave your pet food on the floor. To prevent leaving food dishes on the ground where ants can access them, we advise creating a feeding schedule for your pets. It is also important to vacuum every corner of your house to prevent ants.
Hire a reputed pest control service provider in your location to get rid of ants at home easily!